Match.com for Transgender Personals – Review
When you are seeking transgender personals, you want to know that the dating site you are using is right for you. Let’s take a look at our Match.com review, and how the biggest of date platforms stack up for helping the non-binary community find love!
- Match.com has around 30 million users
- Gender splits are almost even (Men 48% to Women 51%)
- Although sign up gives only binary gender choices, the site is popular with the TG and LGBTQ+ communities, so just be sure to share enough information in your profile!
Sign-Up & Login Process
Signing up is a smooth and simple process; you can indicate whether you’re looking for a relationship, or whether you’re just there for the excitement!
It’s great to see such a large date platform being inclusive of the wider transgender and transsexual community; you will need to decide whether you wish to have a male or female page!
The key to success is to take a couple of minutes to fill in the questionnaire and personality information. You are also offered a short bio section, so this is the perfect place for a trans member to complete a little information.
The platform does offer a free subscription option, and you won’t be asked to pay anything or commit to a premium subscription when you register.
Free subscriptions include:
- Sending likes
- Browsing through members
- Playing the matchmaking game
- Viewing other member pages
Premium subscriptions include:
- Messaging and IM
- Seeing who has viewed your page
- Incognito browsing
- Daily contact suggestions
Site profiles are great quality, and what we’d expect from a dating site of this size! Viewing other profiles is free, and if you’d like to see who has viewed yours, you will need to update your subscription to get a match.
Profiles tend to include a good amount of information, including interests and page bio.
One little feature we like is the suggested connections – if you are checking out a profile, Match will suggest another three similar pages with transgender people.
Search on Match.com
Our Match.com review found that one of the aspects that makes it ideal for trans dating is that the filters are comprehensive.
If you’d like to send a DM you will need an upgraded subscription. When you find a profile you like the look of, you can simply hit ‘Like’ to let them know you are interested! The Discover function also works well for TG dating since you can filter by keywords.
We found lots of safety features on Match:
- Incognito browsing
- Hidden accounts – you can choose to make your page visibility hidden
- There are one-click report buttons to send a message to admin
- You can block unwelcome users with one click
Match performs well for safety; we did see one or two spam accounts, but these are few and far between, and admin acts fast to ban those accounts.
You can choose to use Match.com on a desktop or an app. We found all of the features easy to find since they’re all displayed on the header menu, or in the row of icons on the mobile app.
The design is clean and uncluttered, so you won’t need to waste time trying to find your ideal dates!
For TG dates, it is well worth the upgrade, to enable you to run more specific filters.
Premium registration costs:
- 3-months $44.97 $14.99 per month
- 6-months $68.94 $11.49 per month
- 12-months $107.88 $8.99 per month
Standard registration costs:
- 3-months $38.97 $12.99 per month
- 6-months $59.94 $9.99 per month
- 12-months $95.88 $7.99 per month
- 1 credit $0.99
- 5 credits $4.00
- 10 credits $6.00
Match customer service is pretty good – if you need to report someone, there is a one-click button that you can use.
If you have a more detailed query, you can also contact customer care via:
- Direct message
- Email through the Help section
Pitfalls of Match.com
For non-binary gender singles, the only drawback is that the gender options on registration are very limited – you can either select a man or a woman.
However, once you start using the site, you’ll see that this is inclusive of TG and TS people and is one of the most popular date sites with the LGBTQ+ community.
Overall, we think the site provides one of the best TG dating services. The membership is large, so you’ll find far more people to chat with than on smaller sites and the security and search functions work perfectly!
Pros / Cons
- Large user base with 30 million+ users
- Inclusive of transgender, TS and other LGBTQ+ people
- Search functions are detailed
- Personality matching helps meet meaningful connections
- Filters by keywords are useful
- Lots of free features available
- Easy to report spam or contact customer support
- Gender options on registration are limited
- Not specifically TG dating
- For IM functions you'll need to upgrade
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Match.com Good for Meeting Transgender Women?
Yes, the platform is a great place for all types of singles! The site is one of the biggest dating platforms and has a highly active user base.
Is a Match account protected?
The security features are good, and although there are very few spam people when these do crop up, they are quickly deleted.
All users are required to sign up to the Terms of Usage, and information shared on the site is private and accessible only to subscribers.
Is it Worth Paying for Match.com?
It depends what you are looking for, but we’d say for TG dates it is worth the upgrade. There are two subscription plans, so you can choose a standard subscription and then decide if you’d like to upgrade it to premium.